Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Freezer Jam Goodness

Oh man! It's strawberry season in Michigan and do you know what that means? It's freezer jam time!! Woo-hoo!! We go through this stuff like water over here (or actually juice would be a better example at our house).

Strawberry season in Michigan is only about two weeks long and it's really a guessing game as to when the berries will be ready. Lucky for me my mommy just happened to be at the local farmers market by our house last weekend and found some GORGEOUS berries!



See, aren't they just beautiful! My mom picked up two flats for me so Saturday evening at the Miersma house turned into a freezer jam making extravaganza! Well, at least for me it did...the girlies went to bed and Ryan watched a movie...thrilling, people, thrilling!



So you start with this










and many hours later you end up with this (that's 36 jars baby!)



for this



I don't ask questions, I just take pictures when they do goofy stuff

"Let's get physical, physical, I wanna get physicaaaaaal....."



The End

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! That sounds delicious! Reminds me of Grandma. :) How sad is it that not one of my kids nor my husband likes strawberry jam? Not ONE! Something's wrong with that! Anyway, the pic of Molly is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete