Sunday, April 11, 2010

Big News

Well, you've waited long enough (sorry to tease you all on facebook) but here is our big news!





Ryan took a new job with VMware two weeks ago. VMware is the large, global company that his previous company is partners with. Much of the work Ryan did at his old company was with VMware so the transition has been very smooth. This is a huge opportunity for Ryan and we are very excited for him.



But....


and there is always a but...


We will be moving by the end of the year to




You heard right my friends, we will soon be considered Texans *gasp*


We don't have an exact date as to when we will be moving yet, but we do know it will be by the end of this year. Ryan will continue to work on his current project for a while and then once he's finished there we will move. 




We have a lot to do to prepare for this move. We are extremely excited for the opportunity we have before us, but at the same time we I am scared out of my mind with all the details that must fall into place. Nevermind we're moving to a place where we do not know anyone but a few VMware employees that Ryan knows.



But, we do have this lovely lady in Houston




 


 
and you can't forget W






and I just might have to purchase Ryan one of these







and maybe pick up a pair of these for myself






 
just you wait, next year I'll be blogging about attending this


 


 


and let's please start praying now that I don't see any of these





notice I couldn't even post a picture of a real one

totally freaks me out



 

and finally, I promise I won't do this to the girls



if I do, I think my sister Katelyn might come down and slap me

or at least that's what she threatened



All kidding aside we are completely trusting that God is in this and guiding us every step of the way. He has proven Himself faithful over and over. We have laid this at His feet and know that He's got it covered! Thank you for prayers that you lift up on our behalf. Know that they will not be in vain! :)

I will be blogging regularly about our move and we are hoping to have an actual date soon. Right now we are preparing our house to put on the market (can you believe we've only been in our house 5 months and we're already selling it!)

Ryan and I are very excited about this next phase of our journey as a family. We cannot wait to see what God has in store for us as we move to Texas!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

8 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! I'm happy for you if that is God's plan for you. But I'm sad for all of us because we will truly miss your family! And that beautiful singing voice of yours. I'm always telling people what an amazing job you do. And I can relate to what your parents will feel,because my daughter Nicole is living in Georgia and that gets tough at times, especially now that she is expecting. But follow God's Plan! PS What will I do without Sophie saying "BIBLE!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well howdy pardner, that is one doggone big surprise (you got me in the Texas talking mode...haha). WOW, that was not was I was expecting, that is a surprise for sure!!! You have my best wishes.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a major move. We'll be praying for your family as you make this transition. Now we'll have an excuse to visit TX though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Southridge won't be the same without you! We'll pray for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my girl...thinking and praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not the news I was expecting (get it, expecting). Congratulations you guys! I can't imagine how scary and yet exciting all at the same time. We'll miss you but trust that God knows exactly what he's doing. Love you guys!
    The Macks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, that is so exciting! We just took our first trip to Austin, Texas this past weekend - and it was AWESOME!!! I hear the summers can be brutal, but the rest of the year is perfect :) I look forward to hearing about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry Emily, Nate and I have boots and belt buckles you can borrow to fit in:)

    ReplyDelete